Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pixie Do or Pixie Don't!

I am in love with the pixie haircut. It's an androgynous, courageous, and ADORABLE hairstyle. This hair-cut shouts to the world, "Look at me! I take charge in my life, and nothing can hold me back!" And there are so many great pixie influences. Just look at Emma Watson, Ginnifer Goodwin, and Audrey Hepburn; these girls have mad-style:

Emma Watson

Ginnifer Goodwin

Audrey Hepburn

 Their hair is both edgy and classy - styled one way makes a girl look tough, while another styling can make the same woman look sweet or sophisticated. I love the versatility and simplicity of it. And it'll be a lot cooler in the summer months; I get tired of pony-tails and messy buns.

The trick, though, is getting the right cut. I have thick hair, and I'm worried the wrong cut will make my head look too top-heavy or give me a weird shape. Also, I want the front of the style to frame my face decently. I know face shape matters. I'll have to be careful to get a stylist who has some experience cutting this style, so it's going to take some time to make this happen. Also, I'm waiting for it to get warmer. Most days being in the 40 degree Fahrenheit range isn't really warm enough for me to deal with right now. Another month or two, though, and it WILL happen. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, browsing Pinterest and Youtube like a mad-woman. Just check out my  Pinterest Hair Board, and you'll see I'm not kidding here. I'm going insane. 


And the most beautiful part of all this, is that my boyfriend totally supports my decision. We're both addicted to the show Once Upon a Time, and I think he has a thing for Snow White. Hahahaha! 

Until next time,

Jessica Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment